10.18.2010

plunge bodly into the thick of life!

An opinion piece was published today in my college newspaper, The Red & Black, about the paper’s loss of “journalistic integrity.” This saddens me, not because I loved this paper, but because I think it reflects the shift many papers are facing. The paper was never the best or even the most objective…but it seems that integrity and objectivity are not being stressed in the classroom. And that’s scary.

What to do with this newspaper degree…


Title quote: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's a bad turn of events for journalism. My friend Karen majored in journalism in undergrad, and she hates it now. She knew, right after she graduated, that she didn't like journalism anymore, because of this very problem. She went to grad school and got an M.A. in theater directing. She's applying to Ph.D. programs for theater soon, I think. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know have to be a blogger.

    ReplyDelete