9.20.2010

art is what you can get away with

Content:

Although this blog's initial purpose was for class and assignments, I still hope to add some personal touches and make it interesting (not that class assignments are interesting. well...). I want my blog to be a platform for experimentation: video, audio, still-motion, hypertext narrative, photo and photo editing, embedding...you name it.

The New Yorker put out an article (albeit four years ago) of its top five blogs. As fast paced as the blogging world is, these blogs (which have obviously been updated since the article came out) all seem on par with our class (aka, doable). A few of them use wordpress, a suggested platform for our other blog.

I have a blog here (don't mind the HUGE gap in time between my last two posts) that contains personal content. Not like "personal" information, just stupid ramblings, fun things I've done, what I'm doing in school, what I'm reading and any issues I want to talk about. The theme is "ELI", opposed to art or movies or photos or cats. I use tumblr, a platform I really like. They have a lot of cool themes and are constantly coming up with new, cool things to do on your page (like have a sideshow).

So maybe I want this blog to kind of be the same. Obviously I'll have assignments, but it needs to be fun, too, or else people will move on to the next.


Title quote: Andy Warhol

No comments:

Post a Comment